Sunday, November 21, 2010

Welcome

Welcome to my blog! I have started this blog to discuss the important topic of animal research. This is a controversial subject for a variety of reasons, but what obscures both sides of the debate is a lack of understanding. Often emotions run high, both for animal rights activists and people like me, and concrete evidence and reasoning are cast aside.

I am an animal researcher in the cancer field. In order to protect my own personal safety and the identity of my institution, I will remain anonymous. I will, however, discuss the institutional regulations and procedures that I, and every other animal researcher in the nation, am subject to. I will also discuss the things that REALLY happen behind closed doors, on an ordinary, day-to-day basis.

I welcome comments and feedback from both proponents of the issue. However, I do not believe in being hateful, making accusations, calling names or using foul language, and I won't engage in that kind of discussion. That having been said, I do welcome all comments and will rarely, if ever, censor what people have to say. I will try to respond to comments, although I'm very busy so if I don't reply, please don't take it personally!

I will post daily both with general, long-standing debates and breaking news, so check back often! Again, I do welcome all feedback, so please feel free to send me comments or suggestions

No comments:

Post a Comment